Summary of Utrecht Sylff Scholarships for Masters Programs
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2023
- Location: Netherlands
- Level of Study: Masters
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 3
- Scholarship Coverage: 25,000 US$ for a non-EU student per year, 10,000 US$ for an EU student per year
About Utrecht Sylff Scholarships
The Utrecht Sylff Scholarship offers a number of outstanding prospective graduates from University College Utrecht and the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics the opportunity to pursue a Master’s programme in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences (including Economics) at Utrecht University.
The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only the very best candidates are eligible for a Sylff grant. Candidates for the grant need to have potential leadership qualities.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship:
1. Be a student or recent graduate of one of the programmes mentioned above.
2. Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”).
3. Have been admitted to one of the international Master’s programmes of Utrecht University in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences (including Economics).
4. Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch residence permit (if applicable).
- At least 25,000 US$ for a non-EU student per year, but variable
- At least 10,000 US$ for an EU student per year, but variable
As this is an international programme, the scholarship is in US dollars. The amount is variable, depending on nationality (see above).
The Sylff Scholarship is meant to make a significant contribution towards the costs of travel and living expenses while studying in Utrecht. It is necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your study and stay completely.
Duration of the Scholarships
Selected students will receive a scholarship for a maximum period of 12 months. It is possible to extend the grant in case of a two-year master’s programme.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Their ambition to have a leading role in making a positive difference in society, either on a local or global level.
2. The academic quality and results in their Bachelor’s programme, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications.
3. Their active involvement in their study programme, as well as in extracurricular activities.
4. Their ability to work together across cultures and disciplines.
It is not possible to apply for the Utrecht Sylff Scholarship. Candidates will be nominated by their Faculty. The deadline for nominations is April 1.