Summary of Utrecht Bright Minds Fellowships for Masters
- Application Deadline: 31 January 2023
- Application Open: 1 November 2023
- Location: Netherlands
- Level of Study: Masters
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 10
- Scholarship Coverage: € 5,000 or € 10,000
About Bright Minds Fellowships
In 2017, Utrecht University and the Utrecht University Fund proudly announced a new scholarship programme: the Bright Minds Fellowships. This scholarship aims to attract and retain talented students from a broad range of backgrounds, as well as stimulate and support global excellence and diversity in the UU student population.
Students who hold an EU/EEA passport (including Dutch), and
- have applied for a Master’s Programme at Utrecht University (only UU students can receive a Bright Minds Fellowship)
- will be starting their Master’s Programme at Utrecht University in September 2023
- will be working to complete their first Master’s degree
- have shown academic achievement in their previous studies
- bring an element of diversity to the UU community
Total Scholarship amount is € 5,000 or € 10,000 for EU/EEA students (including Dutch students).
How to Apply?
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link New application, answer the Bright Mind Fellowship questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
The applications are reviewed by the Bright Minds selection committee. The committee considers:
1. Academic achievement, as shown by grades and (if available) GRE or GMAT scores.
2. Personal background, as demonstrated by a variety of factors, including but not limited to educational experience, socio-economic background, cultural heritage, race and ethnicity.
3. Interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by extracurricular activities, community service and work experience.
The option to apply for a Bright Minds Fellowship opens from 1 November. Complete the online application form before 31 January 2023 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed.