About IEEE WIE International Scholarship 2023
The IEEE Women in Engineering International Scholarship was established thanks to the support of donations to the IEEE Foundation Women in Engineering (WIE) Fund from IEEE WIE members and others.
The scholarship is presented to up to one female IEEE WIE Student Member who has completed two years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college.
IEEE WIE International Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
– Female in the IEEE WIE as a Student Member
– Full-time undergraduate student who has completed two (2) years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college.
– Applicant may apply multiple times, but can only be awarded the scholarship one time.
IEEE WIE International Scholarship Schedule
– Application Submission Begins: September 8th, 2022
– Submission Deadline: November 8th, 2022
One award annually
Basis of Selection
– Two-part essay (1) 1,000 words on why the applicant wants to go into the engineering profession, and (2) 500 words on why the applicant should receive the Scholarship
– Evidence of at least a 3.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent in their local grade system)
– Two letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic reference, such as a professor or department chair, and (2) from a personal reference who knows the applicant well and can comment on her character
The scholarship recipient(s) will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Outreach Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
The monetary prize shall be a one-time check in the amount of US$2,500, per scholarship recipient. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.