Summary of Horatio Alger National Scholarships Program
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
- Application Open: December 1, 2022
- Location: USA
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Coverage: 105 scholarships at $25,000 each
About Horatio Alger National Scholarships Program
As one of the nation’s largest college financial aid programs in the country, the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the major scholarship programs nationally that specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives.
The scholarships are funded by Horatio Alger Members who, like the Scholars, have experienced challenges but ultimately overcame them to become successful business and civic leaders.
The National Scholarship is awarded to eligible students in all fifty states, and the District of Columbia. National Scholars receive an all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C., during the spring of their senior year to participate in the National Scholars Conference.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school junior in the United States
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
105 scholarships at $25,000 each
The Horatio Alger Scholarship application will open on December 1 and close on March 15. The Horatio Alger Scholarship application is a common application meaning that you apply once and you will be considered for the range of scholarship programs offered by the Association. In order to be considered, your application and all required materials must be uploaded to your online application by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on March 15.