About Global Leaders Scholarships for Business, Economics and Law 2023
The Faculty of Business, Economics and Law Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving international students to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments.
Global Leaders Scholarships Benefits
1. A scholarship towards your tuition fees.
2. Join a prestigious UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers.
3. Access to opportunities that will develop your employability and leadership skills through our award-winning Careers and Employability team.
4. Receive invitations to selected topical seminars and events.
5. Become a lifelong member of the UQ Future Leaders Program, an exclusive group of industry leaders, researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs. Membership includes exclusive mentoring support, networking opportunities with industry leaders and access to events that will change your career mindset.
Upon graduation, join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders Scholarship alumni from around the world and build upon your professional networks.
Summary of Global Leaders Scholarships
- Enrolment status: Future UQ student
- Student type: International
- Study level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate coursework
- Study area: Business and economics, Law
- Scholarship focus: Academic excellence
- Scholarship value: 15% to 100% tuition fee reduction
- Scholarship duration: Up to 4 years
- Number awarded: May vary
- Applications open: 1 May 2022
- Applications close: 30 November 2022
Global Leaders Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
Applications will only be considered if you are a citizen of one of the following regions or countries and studying at the level as specified below:
- Latin America
- Hong Kong
You’re eligible if you:
1. are a citizen of one of the above-mentioned countries or regions, and normally live there
2. have received a letter of offer to study a business, economics or law undergraduate or postgraduate program with us, excluding the following programs:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Leadership and Innovation.
You’re not eligible if you are already:
1. enrolled at UQ or studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange
2. studying a diploma, certificate, Foundation Studies or degree program in Australia, other than an English language course (if you are learning English in Australia to prepare for study or to sit an English language test, you are eligible to apply)
3. holding another scholarship for tuition fees.
How to apply?
Apply using the online application form. The form will take at least 20 minutes to complete. You can save your progress and resume your application at any time. You’ll need:
- your resume
- a personal statement about why you wish to study this program at UQ, your career and personal goals, and what you’ve done in the past that shows your commitment to these goals
- a reference letter in English, from a teacher at your institution or from an employer, that ranks your academic performance against your peer group.
- your academic achievements
- your personal and career goals.