About Funded PhD in Agricultural Sciences
Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, provides a PhD in Agricultural Sciences that is completely supported.
PhD students are eligible for competitive financial aid, which includes tuition, a stipend, and health insurance.
Admitted PhD candidates are promised a stipend of $30,000 throughout the academic year, as well as a summer stipend of $10,000 if they conduct research during the summer, which the majority do.
Funded PhD in Agricultural Sciences Program
- Plant Biology
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology
- Soil and Crop Sciences
- Integrative Plant Science MPS
1. Admission is competitive. Although students are not required to have an undergraduate degree in horticulture, a strong background in life sciences is essential for success in our graduate program.
2. International applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency through either the TOEFL or IELTS exam. The Graduate School sets minimum scores though the Field can require higher scores where necessary for the proposed program.
Financial assistance is available to PhD students on a competitive basis and includes tuition, a stipend, and health insurance.
Admitted PhD students students are guaranteed a stipend during the academic year ~$30,000 as well as a summer stipend (~$10,000) if they do research in the summer, as most do.
Looking For OpenFunded PhD Programs? Click here
1. Scholarship Application Form
2. Academic Transcript
3. Motivation Letter
5. Two Recommendation Letter
6. English Language Proficiency Test
7. Work experience (if any)
8. Other documents (honors, awards, publications…) if any
How to Apply?
All applications for Graduate Studies at Cornell are online and accessible through the Cornell Graduate School.
You will be asked for a Statement of Academic Purpose, a personal statement, transcripts, relevant research and work experience, and letters of reference.
There is a fee to apply. Applicants for whom the fee is a financial hardship or who participated in certain pipeline programs may request a fee waiver.