Summary of ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship Program
- Application Deadline: 15 December, 2022
- Application Open: 1 November, 2022
- Location: Switzerland
- Level of Study: Masters
- Scholarship Coverage: The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
About ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship Program
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
1. Very good result in Bachelor’s degree programme (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree programme = grade A)
2. Please make sure to be reachable under the telephone number specified in your CV as the selection process might include a phone/VC interview in February
If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich, or hold a Master degree, you are not eligible for ESOP.
The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP consists of a scholarship covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. ESOP is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). This also applies for the tuition fee waiver.
1. In addition to the documents for the Master admission you will need to upload a pre-proposal for your master thesis.
2. The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
3. Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
4. If your study programme does not ask for references you must name two reference persons (professors) for your ESOP application.
For the start in the academic year 2023/24 there will be assigned approximately 60 ESOP scholarships. The applications are evaluated by the Admissions Committees of the respective Master’s programmes.
The final decision for awarding scholarships in the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme rests with the Rector of ETH Zurich. The exact number of annual scholarships depends on the availability of funds. The decisions are communicated by end of March.
How to Apply?
ESOP applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application). This also applies for ETH Bachelor students for a consecutive Master programme.
1st of Nov to 15th of Dec 2022 for start Master programme in 2023