Fully Funded PhD in Accounting at University of Chicago
Embarking on a journey towards a PhD in Accounting is a significant academic milestone, and choosing the right institution is crucial to your success. The University of Chicago, renowned for its academic rigor and groundbreaking research, offers a world-class PhD program in Accounting that prepares students for leadership roles in academia, industry, and government.
PhD in Computer Science Program Requirements
To be eligible for the PhD program in accounting at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. There is no specific undergraduate major required for admission, but applicants must have a strong quantitative background. The minimum GPA requirement for admission is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
PhD Funding Coverage
All PhD students also receive stipend support for five to six years of full-time study, conditional on satisfactory academic progress. For students who entered the Stevens Doctoral Program, the Chicago Booth PhD stipend is $45,500 per year. In addition, we cover student-only premiums for the university’s student health insurance plan, as well as the Graduate Student Services Fee.
Applying to the University of Chicago’s PhD in Accounting program requires careful attention to detail and a strong application package. The following are the key components of the application:
1. Statement of Purpose: A well-crafted statement of purpose detailing your research interests, career goals, and why you wish to pursue a PhD in Accounting at the University of Chicago.
2. Letters of Recommendation: Typically, three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references who can attest to your qualifications and potential for research.
3. Transcripts: Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, showcasing your academic performance.
4. Resume/CV: A comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae highlighting your academic and professional achievements.
5. Writing Sample: A sample of your academic writing, such as a research paper or thesis, to demonstrate your research capabilities.
6. Test Scores: GRE or GMAT scores are strengthen your application.
December 15, 2023
The application fee for the PhD program in accounting at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business is $90.