About Chevening Research and Science Scholarship 2023
Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, but those who are successful tend to have ambition, leadership qualities, and a passion for influencing positive change in their home countries.
We encourage you to apply if you meet our eligibility criteria and other requirements. Your gender, age (there is no upper age limit), sexual orientation, religion, marriage or parenthood status, caste, class, or other attributes do not matter to us.
What matters is your ability to submit a thoughtful application that demonstrates you are capable of excelling on an intense master’s course in the UK, and that you have a clear vision for your future.
The Chevening Research, Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP) is aimed at mid-career professionals with very high potential in the fields of science, innovation, and business from India and Sri Lanka.
Course/ Programme Structure
The main academic strands of the ten-week CRISP Fellowship include science, innovation, leadership and management, as well as wider issues including global challenges, politics, and international relations.
The modules aim to: Develop an understanding of the UK science field and a range of innovation management processes
Explore the interactions between research, innovation, and economic development
Research and present a business plan based on individual interests and experience
Visit a wide range of UK institutions, research institutes, and businesses, and start building professional networks
Take part in a varied cultural programme, and explore potential insights from the arts to the working environment
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from India or Sri Lanka to the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening CRISP Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India or Sri Lanka and currently live in the country
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying
- Have demonstrable commitment to innovation, and the experience and aptitude to contribute to the programme
- Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering or technology, or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English to be assessed in your application form and if you are invited to interview
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the fellowship
Successful individuals may have significant experience as:
- Executives of service companies, manufacturing businesses, or state-owned companies
- Entrepreneurs and individuals who serve and fund the entrepreneurial community
- Research scientists
- Academics and public-sector employees
Open for applications until 12 October 2022